Friday, December 9, 2011

-Explanatory Post-

So about a year ago, I made a tumblr in an effort to build up my hipster status. (I am convinced that they are resting aloof-ly at the top of the social hierarchy, and I am determined to become one of them.) However, I was treating my tumblr like a blog, which is what I thought you were supposed to do. Little did I know that it was for single white girls to post gifs that resemble issues in their lives, and then repost other single white girls' gifs and talk about how funny and true they are. It was getting out of hand. So I decided to move all of my work to a new home; an actual blog. Hopefully, this will be a better fit. I'm also going to try to blog at least once a week in an effort to become famous with my wit and hilarity. (Motivation by Hyperbole and a Half.) Also, because I'm a freaking genius and I wouldn't want to deprive the world of my brilliance. So as of today, alexal3x is now Alligator Teacup, in honor of my bangin' new alligator mug that I got at TJMaxx. (You may be wondering why I named my blog alligator "teacup" when the beverage vessel in question is clearly a mug. It's because Alligator Mug sounds lame, and I'm a hipster and hipsters drink out of teacups. So suck it.)

P.S. As evidence to show that this blog is not a total sham, please enjoy this picture of me enjoying tea from my vintage teacup that I enjoy very much. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment